Pages

Big Sister/Little Sister

Watching my girls grow up as sisters is such a joy. As Ellie becomes more mobile, the girls are playing and interacting more together. However with this comes the good and the bad of course, and regularly do I hear screaming or tears because of conflict.

I had my older sister write her top 5 reasons why its great to be the big sis and I thought through my own perks of being the little sis. So here you have it, you can tell me your imput in which one you think gets the better deal :)


- The big sister doesn't have to wear hand-me-downs.
- The little Sister has freedom to do anything when she wants. (I got to drive a car by myself when I was 15.)


- The big sister gets to make your little sis jealous because you get to do more that her.
- The little sister gets babied.


- The big sister is able to trick little sis...like telling her that a penny is worth more than a quarter, so ya'll should switch (not that I tried that or anything).
- The little sister always has her big sister to blame things on.


- The big sister always gets the front seat.
- The little sister can quickly gain their parents trust, or at least the rules become slacker. I never had a curfew growing up.


-The big sister gets to defend the little sis from the big sis' friend. Only the big sis gets to make fun of the little sis...no one else!
- The little sister gets free access to all her big sis clothes and room when she goes off to college.



I love having a sister! And although growing up there were always bickering, comparison, and jealousy, she is now my closest friend who I admire, trust, and love. I pray that these girls would grow up to experience this great joy as well.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A little teary eyed this very early morning as I am filled with sweet and bittersweet growing up memories. And also remembering my big sister with love. Mom

EMU said...

Love this post! So cute.

I think being the MIDDLE SISTER is the best -- that way you HAVE both a big and little sister, and you get to BE both the big and little sister! :)

And oh my! Your mom sure wakes up early!

Dena said...

Hmm... I say being the little sister wins... not that I am biased or anything!

Courtney said...

What a sweet post! I pray for a little sister for Durham one day. The sister relationship is so special...my sister is my best friend!

amy griffith said...

girls need sisters for sure!

Melissa said...

Ellie looks JUST like Katie in that picture of the swing. What a sweet post!

Sarah Meyer said...

2 things:
-Ellie has graduated to the big girl tub?!
-and since when does Ellie like the red swing?

I haven't even been gone that long! Tell those girls to stop growing!

adotson said...

those seem so true and really funny to think of you and katie :)