Pages

The Condition of my Heart...

I am sorry for the lack of blogging that has taken place lately. It is not because of a lack of things happening in our life, if anything it is the exact opposite. We are trying to prepare to leave a country and a place we have called home for 2 years and uproot our whole lives again to transition back to the States. Everyone asks me how I am doing with it all and I can honestly say I don't know. Don't get me wrong I am excited about moving back to Charlotte, seeing my husband minister in the church, being close to family, and so much more. But I hate goodbyes and I hate new beginnings.

We have been married 7 years and during that time we have moved 6 times and have had to get rid of all our belongings and pack up and move in suitcases 3 times now. It never gets any easier. I never really realize how attached I am to all my earthly belongings until I have to give them away again. I guess it is something the Lord continues to use to humble me.

It has also been harder this time explaining it to our children. The girls are asking so many questions: "is dad still going to be my daddy when he is a pastor?", "where are all my toys?", and "will I be able to speak Spanish at school?", I know this is only the beginning!

I am nervous about going back to a culture I haven't known for over 3 years. Will I ever fit in again? Do I want to completely fit in, now that I have seen and been changed by a world that is so different? What about my children will they ever see the US as their "home culture"?

So this and so much more are the questions and issues that weigh on my heart right now. Tonight I was reminded of my favorite hymn "Jesus I am resting resting in the joy of what Thou art" and praying that, that would be the cry of my soul right now in the midst of all the change and transition.

7 comments:

mikepettengill said...

I love praying for you Linds. I know that as you and the girls rest in the Lord your hearts will continue to embrace whatever new situation He has you in.

Melissa said...

Ohhh.. I am honestly aching for you these days, friend. Im Trying to remember to pray while I ache & imagine what you're dealing with, but sometimes just feeling overwhelmed on your behalf (as if that helps!).
The HS WILL be near to your kids in the coming months, he WILL give you words & compassion & grace to move them along into all the unknowns. Love all 5 of you (and cannot WAIT to see you)!

Anonymous said...

You have the exact right focus in Jesus. He can give peace when there is no peace and no answers to all your questions. Praying for your heart. Mom

carrie dirks said...

Praying for you friend, I can't even begin to imagine how you are feeling even with this glimpse into your heart. If there is anyway the Dirks can help you all transition we'd like to do that.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, sweet sister! Fix your eyes on Him, for He cares for you.

Courtney said...

thank you for being so open and honest. i love following your story. and, am praying for yall as you transition.

EMU said...

I love you and love your heart! Thanks for sharing...let's hear more! :)