Pages

Ballet Recital

Last Saturday Lucy had a ballet "recital" at one of the local malls to end her 2 month summer ballet classes. Of course bring a prepared mom I brought my camera, but found out once I was there the battery was dead. It probably was for the better because it was pure chaos! Picture about 50 kids and all their parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, none of who were listening to the instructions to sit down. So it ended up being a big circle of loved ones crowding around, pushing and shoving to see their cute little ones dance. Only because of my pregnant belly did I even have a chance of seeing Lucy dance. I was so proud of her though! In general she is very timid and add on top of that all of the chaos around her, I mean I even thought about breaking out in tears a couple of times, but she held it together and did most of all the ballet moves she was supposed to.

Here we are re-enacting all the moves she was supposed to do during the recital and of course as little sister does best, joining in on the fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a smile that brought to my face this morning. Thank you girls for the performance! Necy

Anonymous said...

Caleb said..."I think that Ellie likes Lucy." So perfect for both of them! Thank you!
KK

Dirks said...

so cute, I love Ellie's rendition.