Pages

Baby Shower

One of the hardest things about being a missionary I think is not having a church to attend to. We are here in La Ceiba officially as church planters, but that church will not be planted for a few years now due to the amount of time it takes to establish relationships and train leaders. So we decided for the sake of our family we would plug in as much as possible to a local church. We have been blessed by this church in many ways, and although there are many differences, they have accepted us as their own and made us feel very warm and welcome. Yesterday they threw a baby shower for me, it was very humbling thinking of a different culture accepting someone from the outside and loving on them unconditionally, many of the women there I have never even met before they just wanted to be supportive of the missionary.

As you can see my little girls were very excited about being apart of the shower:



Unfortunately when we got there it proved to not be as fun since it was late at night and they were not fed dinner, but we all survived and I am glad they got to be there with me.





2 comments:

carrie dirks said...

so sweet!

Baby Games said...

how sweet, lovely photos. I remember my sister baby shower. It was a memorable liked this.
_______________
Mickey Buarao