Pages

Christmas Part 1

We enjoyed having Christmas at our home this year and having the McCanns here to celebrate with us. Here the girls are all dressed up and ready for Christmas Eve service.


This is the whole crew of us.


The girls were so excited when they woke up in the morning, Lucy woke up at 6am bouncing off the walls. We ended up having to wake up the little sisters to begin opening gifts.


Lucy showing off some of her new winter attire.


Everyone had to help out, to make sure that they could be apart of unwrapping of each and every gift.



What a blessing it was to focus our hearts on Christ's birth this year. We have been back in the States for 9 months now, but I have to confess that Christmas was another culture shock that I wasn't really prepared for. At first it was hard to get away from the consumerism mindset and Santa Clause, thinking I had to make the Christmas of a lifetime for my kids. But once I was able to step away from all that and set my heart on Christ, we had a wonderful Christmas, teaching our kids Luke 2, and worshiping our Savior on Christmas day.

No comments: