Pages

Fresh Fruits and Vegetables

One of the things that I (Lindsey) loved to do in Charlotte was to go to the Farmer's market every week. I was thrilled to find out that every Saturday in San Jose there is a "feria" where all the local farmers come in town to sell there fruits and vegetables. The produce here is wonderful- I have had the best pineapple and tangerines that I have ever tasted. So my Saturday morning tradition is to walk about a mile to the farmers market and get all that I can carry home. Then I have to bleach the fruits and veggies for about 20 minutes before we can eat them. Here is everything that I got last Saturday and it was all for less than $6, what a deal!

1 comment:

Jake said...

Bleach or blanch? That is a serious question, I'm not making fun of you. Just want to make sure I know how to deal with my veggies when we come visit yall. :-)M