Pages

La te de canastilla (that is Baby Shower in Spanish)

This weekend some special friends here threw Tica her very own baby shower. Now Tica has some of her very own stuff and won't have to just wear hand me downs from Lucy. It is neat to see the relationships the Lord has placed in our life during this short time in language school, we are so thankful for this community that we have here even if it is for a short time. By the way many people have been saying I look like I have dropped this week, you can tell from this picture that it does look like Tica is taking position.


It was so fun to be able to celebrate with one of my close friends here who is also pregnant and due at the beginning of December.


One of the woman that came was very creative with the way she wrapped her gift so had to take a picture.


The food spread was delicious and bountiful! They even had some special treats that can only be found in the States so it was extra special to enjoy.


This is a picture of Ana, one of my teachers in language school.


Not sure what I am talking about in this picture but I look pretty excited about it!


We played many fun games at the shower this one was a race between me and Daniela seeing who could dress the baby first using only one hand. She dominated me in the game but it was still a lot of fun to play.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

How fun! Tica is a luck lady & it was so fun to see some of your friends :-)

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!! She's on her way!!!!
KK