Pages

My 27th Birthday

I had a wonderful Honduran style birthday yesterday. Thanks to everyone for all the sweet notes and emails and thank you to my sweet husband for making this a extra special day filled with surprises.


The first surprise you see here is a pinata. Everyone in Latin America has to have a pinata to celebrate their birthday with.


The aftermath.


Another great surprise was this wonderful American cheescake which Christina found for me. As you might know cheesecake is my favorite desert and it was so special to be able to enjoy this delicacy for my birthday.


Because this birthday is Honduran style the kids enjoyed their desert in the pool, you know to cool off a little.


The kids enjoyed coloring on a curtain I had just made with Christina for our playroom. The markers they are using are fabric markers...hence why the little guys have their shirts off.


My sweet goofy husband.


On my birthday day we went to a nearby pool where you can buy lunch and swim for free. It was so nice and refreshing to have this cool oasis and some set aside family time.


A full day of activity for us all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like sooooo much fun!
KK

EMU said...

Is that a beer bottle pinata? :)

Looks like you had a wonderful day. I LOVE the last picture -- little baby girls in bathing suits are the best!

Melissa said...

Ummmm.... yes, IS that a beer bottle pinata?
I think we need video. Motion, sound, the works.