Pages

Julio

Meet Julio my new little friend, well really I should say enemy. He is a worm, aka parasite, that resides in my left foot. I guess I have always known that living in Honduras has a few health risks and parasites are of course on of them. However, I was quite surprised when my teammate, and nurse who has practiced for a year in Honduras, and all around the country including Philippines could not identify this parasite. I then proceeded to the doctor to get some advice, and he asked if he could take a picture because he had "never seen anything like this before". So there you have it, I have somehow seemed to attract the most rare parasite out there.





Sorry for the graphic images and don't worry the cute little picture of the girls will be back as normal tomorrow. I just thought this picture was blog worthy.

9 comments:

EMU said...

OH.MY.NASTY.GROSSNESS.

But at least your toenails are pink and cute! :)

Melissa said...

That is disgusting.
And AWESOME.
At the same time.
Thanks for posting-- no fear.

Nat and Shannon said...

Oh my goodness! Praying that Julio will be gone from you SOON!! ...How does that happen? Do you take some kind of medication or do you have to wait it out? Yuck -- so sorry!!!

Tracy Carson said...

Lindsey, we love you guys so much and pray for you often, but that is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. Does it hurt? How does it get out of you? What if it moves from your foot? OOOHHH, so gross!

adotson said...

So disgusting and yet so cool. I may have to show this picture to my students as we talk about the different kingdoms of living things. Do you mind?

The Westmorelands said...

eeeeeeeewwwww!!! how do you get it out?!

your toenails look lovely, though :).

Dena said...

EEEK. SO not fun!! I hope they can figure it out soon and get it taken care of!!!!

carrie dirks said...

dig that sucker out with a spoon! I'm going to have nightmares about that guy. I am wearing my shoes and sock an long pants the entire time I am there...eeek!

Jennifer said...

OH MY GOODNESS! UNBELIEVABLE!